Property Management Services
The following is an outline of our property management services and how we go about servicing our clients. Whether you need as little as assistance with filling your vacancy with a solid tenant, help with handling a problem tenant or full management services. Call for a quote today. It's FREE!
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Planning of the rent schedule: We suggest the rental value of the property and advise you of the yearly allowed increase permitted by the B.C. Government.
- Selection and qualification of tenants: We feel selection and qualification of tenants is one of our strong points and we review each application and ask what we consider to be probing questions to ascertain the true nature of the applicant.
- Collection of all damage deposits allowed under the “Landlord Tenancy Act” for both human occupancy and that of pets. These funds are deposited in our Trust Account.
- Move in and a move out inspections with the tenant.
- Collection of the monthly rent, pay any invoices relating to the property (Repairs, Property Management Fee), create a monthly financial statement - forward it to the Landlord, deposit or forward rental income to the Landlord on or before the 15th of the month (Subject to holidays & weekends)
- Propery Repairs: Coordinate repairs made to the property in consultation with the property owner. However, in cases of emergency repairs we will immediately initiate emergency repairs and advise the Landlord as soon as possible.
- Quarterly inspections: Complete inspection and provide a written report and recommendations if any to the Landlord. You may ask, why quarterly inspections. Two reasons. One, it takes a crop of marijuana 3 to 4 months to mature (Grow ops) and second, to protect your property, we have to be able to see on a regular basis how the tenant is maintaining the property and give the tenant guidance if needed.
- Drive by inspections
- Assistance with Residential Tenancy Leglistation
- Advice on rental market conditions
- Establish a property rental value
- Advertise and show the rental property
- Tenant screening includes reference, employment and credit report
- Completion of a Residential Tenancy Agreement
- Collection of monthly rents and payment of all expenses
- Electronic deposit of rent proceeds is available
- Completion of a detailed property inspection report on moving activity
- Provide a detailed monthly income report
- Provide a detailed monthly expense report
- Arrange for 24-hour repairs and provide property inspections
- Preparation and attendance at arbitration hearings on behalf of the owner
NOTE: Depending on the nature of the repairs, additional charges may be warranted and would be discussed and approved with the Landlord prior to implementation of a repair.
Property Management Costs
- One size does not fit all. Every contract is unique and value for services rendered will be discussed and customized.
- Our standard property management fees is 10% of the gross rental income and $75 per inspection (4 per year) plus applicable taxes. We deduct the 10% from the monthly rent and bill you quarterly for the inspections.
- Our standard “Placement ONLY Fee” is half a months rent or $350 whichever is greater. If you engage our services as a Landlord, our placement fee is half a months rent or $500, whichever is greater. If you choose an extended relationship with Amos Realty & Property Management and a tenant leaves, the “Placement Fee” will be $300.
Note to Tenant Placement
Additional Services Include
- Enforcement of recommendations in the report
- Eviction of a tenant
- Arbitration with the “Landlord Tenancy Branch” and/or any other application dealing with the tenancy
- Payment of rent
- Dispute with deposits
Upon request of a service, management will supply a written quote.
For any additional information please feel free to contact us.