Sorry for the delayed blog, I got a bit bogged down at work but nonetheless here is this week’s feature on 52 Things To Do In The South Okanagan... It’s a “snow day affair“! Last night it snowed so much that it turned our little town into a winter wonderland. However for many of you this means you will not want to leave your home, am I right? Not everyone enjoys driving or walking in the snow, especially if it’s windy and the cold cuts right through you.
With that in mind I took full advantage of researching some snow days both for those with children and those without.
Those of you who do enjoy the snow can take full advantage; why not go build a snow man? When was the last time you rolled up some snow, grabbed a carrot, twigs and a hat and made yourself your very own frosty the snowman? How about a snow ball fight? Building a snow fort? Go for a snow shoe or a cross country ski? There are so many things available right in our back yard, why not go enjoy some fun for free! I can’t remember the last time I made a snow angel can you?
Now for those of you who don’t exactly enjoy the cold out doors or pulling on 10 layers to stay warm I have a whole list of things for you do as well. First I would suggest relaxing in some cozy clothes, only your most favourite pare of yoga pants and sweater. Then I would say your home is your oyster lol. There is s world of things to do so why not enjoy it in your home. Just take a look below for a list of items to keep yourself busy.
- Read that one book that’s been staring at you for months
- Play one of your old favourite board games
- Watch a classic? Some of those fantastic old time musicals or one of you old favourites you haven’t had the time to watch in awhile.
- Build a fort indoors! Grab all your blankets, pillows and sheets and see who can build the biggest.
- Start a scrap book.
- Have an at home spa day. Paint those finger and toe nails, give yourself a facial or a have body scrub.
- Make maple syrup candy with snow! Do any of you remember little house on the prairie
- Make some home made pretzels! Maybe even dip them in some chocolate
Above is a short list of items to keep you occupied, if you would like some more snow day ideas check out this website http://www.frugalupstate.com/general-frugality/40-things-to-do-on-a-school-snow-day/
Hope you all enjoy this list of things to do! I know I will be taking some of my own advice...
Until next time